“Regulations say, you have to go out, but say nothing about coming back”. This is a short story about the U.S. Life Saving Service along the Shipwreck Coast of Lake Superior.… Read More...
After the Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Society released the discovery of the shipwreck Atlanta in March of 2022, we found this letter in an old United States Life-Saving Service log from one of the survivors “Eli Wait”… Sailor Wait penned this 2 days after the life-saving service saved his life…5 out of 7 of his shipmates drowned on May 4 1891…this is his letter.… Read More...
WHITEFISH POINT, MICH.- The Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Society (GLSHS) is excited to announce the discovery of the 172-foot schooner-barge Atlanta. The Atlanta was found 35 miles off Deer Park, Mich., in 650 feet of water in Lake Superior.… Read More...
- 2023 Employment Opportunities at the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum
- Update on Projects Underway
- 2022 Annual Appeal has begun!
- Great Storm of 1872
- Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Society discovers Barge 129, 120 years after accident
- Awards and Accolades
- Project Updates
- Shipwreck Historical Society
- Underwater Research
- Whitefish Point