This is one of two appeals conducted each year by the Society, to ask our members and friends for contributions related to Capital Improvement work at the Shipwreck Museum site, Whitefish Point Light Station, Whitefish Point, Michigan. The site has been on the National Register of Historic Sites since 1973.
Projects that need funding in 2017 include:
- Motor Lifeboat House Boat Exhibit Deck Construction
- Motor Lifeboat Historic Restoration
- Lightkeepers Quarters Exterior Restoration
- White Shoal Fresnel Lens Rotational Bearing
- Underwater Research Activities
Please be aware that this request comes in addition to the 2017 Annual Appeal which will launch this coming November. Summer Appeal gifts for operational purposes are also welcome.